Issue Tracker Moved to Lighthouse
I decided to move the issues tracker for Scriptish from Github to Lighthouse.
The Github API is fantastic I have to say, and I was able to easily export the issues, and it would be a simple task to import the issues back into Github (authorship would be lost, but it could be maintained either by obtaining the req’d authorization info or adding text to the body of a comment/issue mentioning the original author). However, there are also many problems that I have with the Github issue tracker, and most of them boil down to being about either missing features or broken features.
So, I decided to make the switch to Lighthouse, and to demonstrate why I think it is the better issue tracker, here are some features that Lighthouse has which Github issues do not (which cannot be said vice versa):
- A feed.
- Pages for the issue tracker.
- Priority property for issues.
- Default text for issues (which greatly improves the quality of bug reports!).
- Tag cloud.
- Better search and filters.
- More states than just ‘open’ and ‘closed’.
- I can create a separate issue tracker for the block list.
So if you are looking for the new issue tracker, then you can find it here: Scriptish Issue Tracker